Last week was an extremely busy week, so I haven’t had the chance to sit down and listen to the newer albums. However, I have previously written some album reviews for situations like this, so I can at least post one on a weekly basis. One of these albums is B.A.P’s most recent mini-album, Carnival, which was released back in February 2016 (2 years ago).
1..Today (Intro Track) – Despite this being an intro track, I would love to hear a longer version. I love the epic feel that comes from the instrumental of the track. Daehyun’s vocals are excellent, but I would have liked to see how the other members would have contributed to the song. It is an epic intro track that opens the album up perfectly. (10/10)
2. Carnival – Carnival is a super catchy track that is bound to make you smile due to its happy and carefree atmosphere. The saxophone works well in the song and the energy that the members put into the song is definitely what brings the song to life. Per usual, both the vocals and the raps of the song are amazing. (10/10)
3. Feel So Good (Title Track) – Click here to read the full review of Feel So Good. (9.5/10)
4. Go – Continuing the bright theme of the album is Go, which feels like that great Summer hit we look forward to each year. The song lack some intensity but that is made up with Zelo raps and the post-chorus. The chorus itself is catchy, especially how everyone joins in the final chorus. The ad-libs at the end was a great addition to the song. (9/10)
5. Albatross – From the very first second, the song launches you right into it. It is a great rock song that fits well with the bright energy concept that the album has been going for. The slowdown in the bridge, along with the breakdown was really cool moments in the track that were both needed. Bang Yong Guk’s raps (particularly the one ending the second verse) were by far my favourite section of the entire song. (9/10)
6. My Girl – The song gives off a One Direction feel, particularly the chorus. In the entire album, this particular song is the weakest and that may be attributed to its soft rock sound. I feel like this song just proofs the ability of B.A.P to fit in their genres into whatever genre that they attempt. There is a great ending to this song, which makes the entire album have a great ending, as well. (8/10)
Overall Album Rating – 9.25/10